dinsdag 6 mei 2008

Theologizing

The local pastor came to see me today. He wanted to find out how I was doing. So I tried to talk about my life in the last six months. I told him I haven't changed a bit. I'm still the same super-confident person he met last year.
Then we proceeded to theologize together. To talk about deeper spiritual things. Naturally I went into my automatic mode and started telling him what I really thought about religion in general and Christianity in particular. Things that I myself never heard of before. It's like I was possessed by some spirit that knew of deeper and sublime things under heaven. I spat everything I thought and felt on the ground and stamped on it. And told him it was all meaningless and useless.
He remained calm and full of understanding. As if he knew exactly what I was talking about. Moreover he offered me help and support if I needed some.
 
Click here to play the video clip